Monday, March 7, 2011

THE day of the "date"

After my morning class I stopped by the florist and picked out some roses and tulips (the part where I couldn't decide on from previous post).  I also picked out a tiny balloon with "Congratulations" written on it.  I bought it for two reasons.  Part of it was to really congratulate her for being accepted into the culinary program at AI.  The other part was for a joke; she tells me to go with my first instincts and I was going to tell her that my first instincts aren't always romantic after handing her the tiny balloon.  Well it turns out I did good with flowers.  She told me she got a bashful and pink in the cheeks.  I also got nicely dressed for her and our date.  She really loved that.

We drove to Dupont and parked it at a valet garage and walked to our three destinations.  I think she had a good time cause she held my hand as we walked to our final destination.  I mentioned bout that tonight while I talked to her on the phone, she tells me she's been wanting to hold my hand as we sat and drank tea at Teaism.  It was nice to have some physical contact with her.  I really enjoyed holding her hand and being able to at least warm it in my pocket of my jacket as we walked back to the parking garage.

Before heading back to her grandma's, we stopped by Trader Joe's to pick out some items for grandma.  Never been to a grocery store in DC.  It was pretty busy with a long line for checkout.  I guess cause it was around the time people got out of work and on their way home.

The ride back was pretty quiet but still nice.  She slipped her hand over and I drove while holding her hand.  Noticed how cold they were and immediately turned on the heater for her.

Before parting ways she gave me some good smooches and I didn't want to say goodbye.  Now I gotta think of another date for next Monday since she has off again.  A date with no weights on her shoulders.

1 comment:

  1. So what happened the following week? Please continue writing. You write well. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete